Friday, July 9, 2010

New Blue

Here are the socks I've started on my new sock needle of happiness. I really like this colorway, think I'll be keeping this pair. Sadly there were several knots in this skein which is something I've never run into in a skein of Tofutsies before. I guess there's a first time for everything. When my LYS went out of business last year (sad) I was able to pick up a gazillion skeins of Tofutsies at a vast discount, so I'm not going to complain about a couple of knots.

In the next two photos I've stretched the toe over a darning egg to show the details of cast on and increases.

My favorite cast on for my toe-ups is Turkish. I used magic cast on for a while, but Turkish is easier and gives you the same seamless look. I've also used it for purses and even my little camera sock.


The toe increases I use are the paired lifted increases that Cat Bordhi demonstrates here. To my eye they're an improvement over other types of increases I've used and certainly an improvement over a generic m1.
 
Can't wait to wear 'em!




No comments:

Post a Comment